The plans for Hesse’s first inner-city Outlet in Gelnhausen need to rest for now. The original building and the adjacent Area would be re-tendered, said mayor Daniel Glöckner (FDP) on Thursday. “We assume that we have the end of the year 2019, a fair result.” The city Council voted by a large majority on Wednesday night for the re-tender. It had only been two votes against from the series of the Green group. Previously, the Hessischer Rundfunk had reported about it.
Actually decided in the city already for an Investor in the 30-million-Euro project. However, the CDU have logged in-group concerns, that is against the award of rights has been infringed, said the hunchback. Therefore, we have opted now for the new tender. The original Investor could apply as well as new prospects.
“Now we start a new life”
the location of an Outlet is still possible. However, there are other ideas – for example, for administrative offices and a media centre. In Outlets items are offered at bargain prices. The manufacturer offer B-stock, discontinued models or items from old collections.
The Outlet should pull in a former Department store building. The property’s been abandoned for years. According to the bell-ringer, a roughly 10,000-square-meter Area belongs to the building. This should be moved to “now the competition is stronger in the focus”.
the mayor, the hunchback said to the impasse: “The Outlet is what people hear. We have forgotten the last five years. Now we begin again.“