The state of emergency in some Parts of upper Bavaria has now led to a cancellation of Wednesday’s planned opening sprint at the Biathlon world Cup in Ruhpolding. “After notification of the district office of Traunstein, the implementation of a competition is in absolute contradiction to the ongoing case of a disaster. Therefore, the sprint competition, the men will not be carried out on Wednesday”, informed the organizers.
in this Tuesday’s planned world Cup opening ceremony had already been canceled on Monday. How to get there roads are closed due to avalanche danger. It understand “that the security of the population has to take precedence over the implementation of a sports event,” said the mayor, and the OK boss Claus Pichler. He expressed the hope “that the risk situations in our Region as quickly as possible to clean up, and the days of competition for all athletes and visitors a good history”.
Biathlon world champion Benedikt Doll has responded with understanding to the cancellation. “It is understandable, of course in Ruhpolding, other things are now important. I’m sure the OC does everything to be able to all the competitions yet to perform,“ said the black forest this Tuesday.
“I have a pair of images seen from Ruhpolding”, had geunkt Arnd Peiffer in Oberhof: “Because you have to do properly to get to the stadium for the world Cup prepared. We keep our fingers crossed that this works.“
“The IBU and the organisers are confident that all of the planned contests can be held,” said borate Nunar, world Cup race Director of the International Biathlon Union (IBU) on Tuesday afternoon. The development, on Wednesday, is currently open. The Sprint men 10 km will now be on Thursday (11.15 PM) to be rescheduled, before the race of the women (14: 30/ARD and Eurosport). For Friday (women) and Saturday (men) are planned for the seasons. The mass start races conclude the event on Sunday.