Depending on your income, three social security contributions may be applied to your retirement pension. Thus, you can see appear, on your retirement, the generalized social contribution (CSG), the contribution for the reimbursement of the social debt (CRDS) or the solidarity contribution for autonomy (Casa). Find out what these specific levies are if you live in the overseas departments and regions.

Social security contributions are compulsory. You are automatically concerned if you are dependent on a compulsory French health insurance scheme or if your taxable income exceeds a certain income threshold. The latter depends on your reference income, your number of tax shares, as well as your place of residence. Metropolitan France, but also the overseas departments, with the exception of Mayotte, are among the places where these samples are used. The rates for each of them vary according to the amount of your income.

In mainland France, as well as in overseas departments such as Reunion, Martinique, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Saint-Martin or Saint-Barthélémy, social security contributions such as CSG, CRDS and CASA are in application. If you live in Mayotte, a specific social contribution of 3.41% is deducted for the benefit of the Caisse de Sécurité Sociale Mahoraise (CSSM) on the gross amount of your pension. If you are domiciled for tax purposes in an overseas collectivity such as French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Wallis-and-Futuna and Saint-Pierre-et-Miquelon, you are exempt from CSG, CRDS and CASA.