The Sussexes tied the knot on May 19, 2018 in Windsor Castle
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s three-year anniversary arrived and moved on Wednesday without a public acknowledgment from their family on the other side of the pond.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex tied the knot on May 19, 2018, at Windsor Castle at a televised ceremony watched by millions around the globe. While the few likely celebrated hitting their three decades of marriage in the home in private, it was obvious that the British royal household did not see it fit to commemorate the unforgettable day at the public eye.
Queen Elizabeth II nor Prince Charles, Harry’s dad, shared well wishes publicly on social networking, despite the two recognizing Prince William and Kate Middleton’s 10-year anniversary just last month.
Instead, the royal family shared two statements on Wednesday from their official online accounts. The very first declared Princess Beatrice, Harry’s cousin, is pregnant with her first kid. The second revealed the Prince of Wales and Camila, Duchess of Cornwall, adhering to a two-day visit to Ireland.
Many would assert the royal family’s lack of well wishes to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex on their special day isn’t surprising given their own bombshell March 7 interview with Oprah Winfrey in which both spoke of racial attitudes inside the household.
Harry, 36, also confessed there is”a lot to work through” between him and his dad.
“I will always love him, but there is a good deal of hurt that has occurred. I will continue to make it one of my priorities to try and heal that relationship. However, they only know what they understand,” the duke told Winfrey.
Harry also maintained he felt”trapped” inside the royal family.
“I did not see a way out,” he clarified. “I was immobilized, but I did not understand I had been trapped. Trapped inside the system like the rest of the household. My father and my brother have been immobilized. They do not have to leave, and that I have enormous compassion for it.”
Markle and Harry’s departure from royal duties began in March 2020 when they declared their decision to step back as senior members of their royal household. Following their move to California, they opted to create permanent their life out of their royal duties.
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed Her Majesty The Queen that they will not be returning as functioning members of The Royal Family,” the royal household said in a statement at the moment.
“After conversations with The Duke, The Queen has composed confirming that at stepping out from the work of The Royal Family it is not possible to proceed with all the responsibilities and duties that include a life of public support,” the statement continued. “While all are saddened with their decision, The Duke and Duchess stay much loved members of the household “