The fire at the $6.9 million home owned by Miami Dolphins wide receiver Tyreek Hill was started by a child playing with a lighter in a bedroom, a fire official said Thursday.

“This was an accidental fire,” Davie Fire Capt. Robert Taylor told the Associated Press. He did not specify the age of the child or the amount of damage caused by the fire. Taylor said the investigation is now closed.

Hill was participating in the Dolphins’ practice for the final regular-season game against the Buffalo Bills when the fire broke out. He left training when he was informed of the fire.

The house is located in Southwest Ranches, about 30 miles northwest of Miami.

Miami television station WSVN showed a large amount of black smoke billowing from the roof of the house as firefighters doused it with water.

Hill’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told reporters Wednesday that some family members were home at the time of the fire.

“The player and his family are safe,” Rosenhaus said. There were no injuries and we are very grateful for that. We are very grateful to the firefighters who put out the fire. Fortunately, the fire was contained to a limited area of ​​the house. Obviously there will be smoke and water damage. It’s obviously very difficult for anyone to see their house catch on fire, but Tyreek handled the situation for himself and his family with as much composure as one could hope for. »