We are finally back! Nagelsmann will be able beat his old side.
We have lineups. There’s only one hour left before kickoff. Julian Nagelsmann chooses to start Bayern Munich with a strange 4-2-3-1 and 3–4-3 hybrid, Dayot Upamecano being surprisingly benched. Leroy Sane and Kingsley Coman are all on the start list, with Lewandowski, Muller and Gnabry at the top.
After a difficult few weeks, Bayern Munich has returned to action with a match against arch-competitors RB Leipzig. Although the East German club has seen a rise in performance since Jesse Marsch was fired in December, they remain outside of the top four.
Dayot Upamecano and Julian Nagelsmann see this as a chance to reunite with former teammates. It’s business as usual for everyone else. Alphonso Davies, Leon Goretzka and Leon Goretzka are still out so the coach will need to rely on his main stars for the job. Leroy Sane, Serge Gnabry, Kingsley Coman and Thomas Muller will be deployed wide of Robert Lewandowski & Thomas Muller. Joshua Kimmich will take over his midfield role.
Dortmund looks like they are willing to grind out wins this season. Getting all three points at home against Leipzig could prove crucial in the title race. This game will feature the Allianz Arena for the first time in many months.
It’s Bayern Time.
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
Time6.30pm local time, 12:30pm EST
TV/Streaming: ESPN+, Find Your Country
Tips to Comment:
- Feel free to introduce yourself if you are a new member! We’re
MostlyVery friendly! We are from all over the globe so don’t be shy to contact us if your country is not listed on the blog.
- You can refresh the comments section if it slows down. While you are just following along, it is not necessary to load all comments at once.
- To make it easy to follow the conversation, keep the sorting at “newest”. This puts the most recent comments at the top.
- Every goal is celebrated at BFW with a chant. Everyone can participate in the goal chants! You don’t have to be the fastest, but you can still reply to the latest call of the player’s names. You can always start at the next call even if the first one was missed.
- Swearing is permitted within reasonable limits. However, please be courteous to other posters and avoid unnecessary obscenities. It is strictly forbidden to use homophobic, sexist, or misogynistic language.