Updated: Save Send news by mail electrónicoTu name *
Your email *
The Government of Austria has given the go-ahead this Saturday at the start of the championship Formula 1 circuit Spielberg , in two consecutive races without a public to be held on 5 and 12 July.
“the project meets The requirements to prevent the spread of the coronavirus after a detailed review by experts”, says the minister of Health, Rudolf Anschober , in a statement.
The approval of the authorities relied on a detailed proposal on the part of the organisers about how we were going to celebrate the competition to minimize the possibilities of contagion.
Among these measures provide for “strict hygiene measures, periodic tests and health controls for the equipment and all the other employees” who participate in the organization of the competition.
“The two races of Formula 1 on 5 and 12 July 2020 in Spielberg, Styria, will take place without spectators,” says the statement of Health, which emphasizes that the organizers have submitted a “project complete and professional in order to prevent infections, and infections”.
Ross Brawn , head of sports of the World of Formula 1 , had already expressed at the beginning of the month that Austria was the ideal place to start the championship.
“it Is quite difficult to find the right type of career in which, from the beginning, we can control the environment well enough to ensure the safety of all,” explained Brawn.
“Austria fits very well to that. Has a airport right next to the circuit, to which people can get. Is not too close to either a city,” he said.
The championship of Formula 1, which should have begun in Australia in march, has already lost the first ten tests of the season with the cancellation of the Grand Prix of France, scheduled for June 28.
the organizers of The championship rely on being able to celebrate still 15 races this year.