Pisos.com Updated: Save Send news by mail electrónicoTu name *
Your email *
The pandemic has forced the real estate sector to reorganize. If during the confinement, the telework was imposed within the companies dedicated to this activity in order to keep in contact with the customers, the subsequent desescalada and new normal has forced you to take a series of protocols to ensure security throughout the purchase process . Despite this, employment has been affected in the same way that has happened in other sectors. Within the estate there will be jobs that will be affected more than others. In pisos.com we review the keys on the work environment poscoronavirus .
1. Reforms stalled . Although the quarantine enabled in many companies of the sector, the workers would benefit from telework, in other companies it wasn’t so simple. In this sense, the agencies of brokerage and marketing of new works continued to operate from house, but the works of rehabilitation and reform were the most affected, as they were left completely stops. It is now when you are going to get back to normality.
2. ERTE agencies . A recent analysis of the Professional Association of Technical Experts of real Estate estimated that about 15% of the agencies of intermediation, they have presented a STRONG due to the freezing of sales of second hand during the first few weeks of the alarm condition. The reactivation of the visits has been a relief. In fact, the figure of the real estate adviser takes centre stage in this time, given that there is an investor profile that will take advantage of the current situation.
3. New construction in booming . Before the loss of employment in the tourism and hospitality, the building is seen as one of the sectors that could absorb some of the unemployment that will shake both sectors. In addition, the deficit of new housing is acute, particularly, in certain cities, so everything indicates that the engine of the construction work at full capacity in the coming years. To alleviate this lack of inventory, I would have to hire about 700,000 workers.
4. Financial intermediation . The banks had already implemented a tight control of risks at the time of granting mortgages for the purchase of housing. After the coronavirus, the review of these criteria will give a new twist. It is for this reason that the figure of the intermediary financial will earn points, since the potential buyers will need to perform precise calculations about the level of debt they can assume.
5. Proptech on the rise . If anything has been shown this health crisis is that the technology is the best ally of the real estate sector, and it is not just a one-off or a simple added value, but as a resource that needs to be consolidated to long-term, and even be the starting point. The digitalization of the real estate companies is already a reality, as well as the jobs that put in relation the activity residential areas as big data, artificial intelligence or virtual reality are in vogue.