The 57-year-old Ricky Kennedy had bitten off his nails too far and noticed a bubble that has formed on your Finger. He went to the doctor and got an antibiotic prescribed, the British “Dailymail”.
The infection is spread, however, over his arms and Brist, and a short time later, he had to fight for his life. “I bit off my nails thousands of times in this way. That it killed me almost, is frightening,“ said the Scot.
"I’m glad to be alive"
Kennedy had suffered a Sepsis, a blood poisoning, and had to stay in the hospital for months. Only after weeks he was better.
“I’m glad to be alive. I may never again be as healthy and strong as I was, but still, I’m here with my family and that means a lot to me,“ says the 57-Year-old. In order to replace the damaged tissue, he will still need some surgeries.
Widespread habit of high-risk
Finger nail biting is a widespread habit and many people do it unconsciously in many situations. Especially under Stress, and nervousness.
But even if the habit is not uncommon, it can still be extremely dangerous for the health.
bacteria enter the blood
Go through the abgeknabberten, attacked skin bacteria, on the Hand, into the blood, it can lead to blood poisoning.
And this can cause serious damage and in some cases, be fatal. A good reason, therefore, to this habit of wean as soon as possible.
In the FOCUS Online/Wochit The common cold doesn’t go away? So you can see whether you have a super infection, and torments
lea blood poisoning Sepsis fingernails