Attack on The Hague – Trump-approved sanctions against employees of world criminal court”Of corrupt court threatened”: The U.S. government threatened the employees of the International criminal court in The Hague. It is a response to the ongoing procedure against U.S. soldiers.12 Kommentare12Geht against employees of the international criminal court in The Hague: US President Donald Trump.AP Photo/Patrick Semansky
The U.S. government wants to punish the employees of the International criminal court in The Hague in the case of investigations against U.S. security forces with sanctions. US President, Donald Trump approved on Thursday a ruling that any property of the Affected can be frozen in the United States. Foreign Minister Mike Pompeo said: “We can be threatened and do not want to see our people from a corrupt court.” Minister of justice, William Barr announced that his Ministry would implement the sanctions “to the full extent of the law”.
The White house announced that the President had also approved the extension of visa restrictions against members of the criminal court and their families. The actions of the court constituted an attack on the rights of Americans and endangered the national security. The United States would take every necessary measure to protect its citizens and allies against unjustified prosecution by the court.
The International criminal court in The Hague had made in March, the way for investigation into possible war crimes in Afghanistan – even against U.S. soldiers and employees of the U.S. secret service, the CIA. The International criminal court prosecuted war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide. 123 States have ratified the basic Treaty of the court, the so-called Roman statutes. The USA is not a Contracting state of the court of justice and reject this for years strictly.
protection of the US soldiers
Barr said, with trump’s arrangement would ensure “that those who support the politically-motivated investigation by the International criminal court against American soldiers and intelligence officials without the consent of the United States, will suffer serious consequences”. At the court it was “little more than a political tool”.
Pompeo said he had a “message to close allies around the world: your people may be next, especially the Nato countries that have fought terrorism in Afghanistan on our side”. If the criminal court is doing with his “crusade” seriously, could American soldiers be imprisoned during a family vacation in Europe. The Minister of defense Mark Esper said, it is the U.S. Department of justice is the responsibility, in the event of misconduct by soldiers against them. US soldiers “will never appear before the International criminal court”.
Goes against The Hague: foreign Minister Mike PompeoAP/Yuri Gripas
The judges in The Hague had ruled in March that in the framework of investigations into possible war crimes in Afghanistan against U.S. soldiers and CIA employees could be. To possible war crimes in secret prisoners in facilities of the U.S. armed forces outside of Afghanistan, the indictment to determine also officially. Chief Prosecutor Fatou Bensouda had asked the judges permission, against those Responsible for torture, arbitrary killings, sexual violence and other war crimes that have been committed in connection with the war in Afghanistan since 2003.
The U.S. government had already been threatened in the past year, with counter-measures, should the court take such a step. Shortly thereafter, the United States deprived at the time, Bensouda the entry visa. The investigations have begun, but there is still no concrete suspicious cases or charges.
investigations at the world criminal court in the rule over the years. It is not clear whether they will lead in this case to arrest warrants or a process.
comments please Log in to comment