The alleged – and is currently volatile attacker of Strasbourg, according to information from the German press Agency, a French national with North African roots. The 29-Year-old was sentenced by the district court to Sing because of multiple serious theft to several years in prison and was sitting in prison in Germany. In the middle of 2016, he was sentenced to two years and three months in prison because he was a break-in at a dental practice in Mainz, Germany, and a pharmacy in the South of Baden-württemberg. Previously, he was convicted of, among other things, as early as 2008 in France and in Switzerland in 2013, respectively, due to several break-ins to prison. All of the deeds he has admitted.
After the Serving of the punishment, he was deported in the year 2017, according to France, the dpa learned on Wednesday. He had grown up with six siblings in the parents ‘ house in Strasbourg, had a secondary school degree comparable to that of degree, but no training. After school, he had worked for the municipality, since 2011 he had been unemployed, and by his own admission, traveled a lot. Prior to his conviction in the Singing, he spent a total of four years in prison, it is said in the judgment.
Strict checks at the border to Germany
After the attack on the Christmas market, the French government has the highest terror alert level for the country. The warning level of the Anti-terrorism Plan Vigipirate be raised to the highest level of “urgence assassination,” said interior Minister Christophe Castaner in the night on Wednesday in Strasbourg.
According to Castaner, the attacker would have been delivered in the run two Times exchange of fire with security forces. In the search for the 29-Year-old is currently 350 security forces were involved. This has been supported, among others, by two helicopters. Also, the Federal police controlled several border crossings from Germany to France. As a spokesman said on Wednesday morning, the police in Kehl, Germany, Iffezheim, Breisach, and Rheinau. Commuters from Germany to France would have to adjust to waiting times of up to 90 minutes, it said. As long as the checks continue, is unclear. “We rely on our colleagues in France. As long as the situation is not corrected, we will control,“ said the police spokesman.
Meanwhile, state chief Emmanuel Macron promised to the Victims of the attack, the solidarity of France. “The solidarity of the entire Nation with Strasbourg, our Victims and their families,” wrote the Macron in the short message service Twitter. Also, Federal foreign Minister Heiko Maas has “expressed a deeply distressed” about the terrorist attack and the “cowardly act” condemned. “Our thoughts are with the Victims, our sympathy goes out to their families,” wrote SPD politician on Wednesday morning on Twitter. The German government is doing everything to the French friends to assist, insured Maas.
The French right populist Marine Le Pen has warned about the threat of Islamism in France. “You must know, Strasbourg is a stronghold of Islamic fundamentalism,” said Le Pen, the television channel France 2 on Wednesday. A foreign-funded Salafism spread in the country. You don’t understand why you refuse, in your country, against the fundamentalism, re-wrote Le Pen. It was a “deadly ideology”, I demanded within six years, 250 Dead and hundreds wounded in France. Therefore, your National collection movement have called for a national action against terrorism.